Apply On Website
AFFINITY HOME CARE INC.
Category: Health & Medicine, Size: n/a
AFFINITY HOME CARE INC. is committed to working with the best people possible and as such offers a renumeration and benefits package for Patient Advocates commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please visit the website for further information.
Position: Patient Advocate
Location: Pompano Beach
Hours: Full Time
Salary Guide: $30,000 – $60,000
Last Updated: 20 July 2022
Job Category: Health & Medicine
Patient Advocate Role:
A Patient Advocate, or Health Advocate is a professional who serves as an intermediary between patients and their family members and representatives of the healthcare industry. Primary duties include helping patients secure health care, ensuring they complete paperwork accurately and assisting with treatment plans decisions.
- Challenging decisions about treatment plans, if patients and their families want more options
- Working with patients to get quality healthcare from the NHS and private sector medical facilities
- Interviewing patients and identifying problems regarding care
- Making referrals to patients for healthcare services or helping patients choose Physicians
- Accompanying patients to appointments or visiting them during hospital stays
- Helping patients understand the care and support process and standing up for their rights