Apply On Website
AFFINITY HOME CARE INC.
Category: Health & Medicine, Size: n/a
PATIENT ADVOCATE: AFFINITY HOME CARE INC.
If you’re a people person with the drive to deliver excellent customer service, this may be the role for you. AFFINITY HOME CARE INC. encourages applications from all backgrounds and communities and is committed to having a workforce that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. Any relevant industry experience or qualifications that you have will be considered. Please visit the website for further information about this role.
Position: Patient Advocate
Location: Pompano Beach
Hours: Full Time
Salary Guide: $30,000 – $60,000
Last Updated: 19 September 2022
Job Category: Health & Medicine
Patient Advocate Role:
A Patient Advocate, or Health Advocate is a professional who serves as an intermediary between patients and their family members and representatives of the healthcare industry. Primary duties include helping patients secure health care, ensuring they complete paperwork accurately and assisting with treatment plans decisions.
- Challenging decisions about treatment plans, if patients and their families want more options
- Working with patients to get quality healthcare from the NHS and private sector medical facilities
- Interviewing patients and identifying problems regarding care
- Making referrals to patients for healthcare services or helping patients choose Physicians
- Accompanying patients to appointments or visiting them during hospital stays
- Helping patients understand the care and support process and standing up for their rights