NURSING ASSISTANT: UTI
Whether already part of the industry, or ready for a brand new challenge, UTI is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the organization and play a key role in servicing its clients. Applicants should have a strong customer focus as they may be dealing with external clients as well as various departments within the company. Please visit the website for further information about this role.
Position: Nursing Assistant
Hours: Full Time
Salary Guide: $17,000 – $25,000
Last Updated: 19 September 2022
Job Category: Health & Medicine
Nursing Assistant Role:
Nursing Assistants, or Healthcare Assistants, assist patients with their day-to-day care. Duties include helping patients to bathe and get dressed, repositioning wheelchair- and bed-bound patients and accompanying patients for activities and appointments.
- Taking patients’ vital signs such as temperature and blood pressure and reporting any changes to a supervisor
- Supporting Registered Nurses with their duties by checking, sterilising and setting up equipment
- Serving meals and helping feed patients
- Assisting patients with performing basic tasks such as eating, dressing and going to the toliet when necessary
- Taking blood samples and submitting them for testing
- Performing household duties such as changing sheets and cleaning