Apply On Website
ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTH
Category: Engineering, Size: 1000 to 4999
GROUNDS KEEPER/MAINTENANCE WORKER I: ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTH
If you’re a people person with the drive to deliver excellent customer service, this may be the role for you. ALACHUA COUNTY HOUSING AUTH encourages applications from all backgrounds and communities and is committed to having a workforce that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. Any relevant industry experience or qualifications that you have will be considered. Please visit the website for further information about this role.
Position: Grounds Keeper/Maintenance Worker I
Hours: Full Time
Salary Guide: $19,000 – $30,000
Last Updated: 20 July 2022
Job Category: Engineering
Maintenance Worker Role:
Performing cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.. Performing minor fixes such as repairing broken locks. Checking control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues.
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues