Apply On Website
BKBM Engineers is seeking a Civil Engineer in its Minneapolis office to assist with civil engineering site design in a fast-paced, collaborative envir... Role: Civil Engineer, Category: Construction & Property, Size: UNKNOWN
CIVIL ENGINEER IN TRAINING (EIT) – MINNEAPOLIS: VISTAKON
BKBM Engineers is seeking a Civil Engineer in its Minneapolis office to assist with civil engineering site design in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. The applicant will be involved in designing a variety of land development projects including schools, medical office buildings, and multi-story residential buildings.
Position: Civil Engineer In Training (Eit) – Minneapolis
Hours: Full Time
Salary Guide: $30,000 – $65,000
Last Updated: 20 July 2022
Job Category: Construction & Property
Civil Engineer Role:
A Civil Engineer, or Engineering Consultant, plays an important role in creating, maintaining and protecting the environment to make it habitable and conducive for economic and social activities. The duties of Civil Engineers include designing, planning and supervising construction projects, including roads, bridges, building construction and railways.
- Performing technical and feasibility studies, including analysing maps, survey reports, plans and related data to create and design civil engineering projects.
- Determining construction costs, local and professional building regulations, environmental impacts and other factors that can affect project implementation.
- Carrying out extensive environmental impact assessments and identifying potential risk factors that can affect project delivery.
- Using engineering computer software such as MATLAB and AUTOCAD to develop detailed project blueprints.
- Collaborating with professionals such as Architects and Engineers or clients.
- Enforcing engineering, local and legal regulations like health and safety protocols on-site.